Welcome to Clinical Trial Confidential.

We believe the clinical trial industry lacks a platform for open, transparent conversation. This lack of transparency inhibits progress. In this industry, that means patients are the ones that suffer.

Here you can choose to register an account, post anonymously or both. It is our hope that the ability to post anonymously will help foster useful conversation by allowing users to express their opinions without fear of retaliation, fear of appearing ignorant and otherwise allowing users to express opinions that may be contrary to their employer or that their position may not permit.

We believe great ideas should stand on their own merit and not the credentials of their author.

We hope these values will foster an environment of collaboration.

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumTopics: Sponors/CROsBristol Myers Squibb

Bristol Myers Squibb

Page 1 of 2Next

Looking for some experiences and feedback in negotiating budgets with BMS. Anyone wanna share some tips/tricks. They don't seem to want to play very nice.

Hightower Clinical / Note to File Podcast / Existential Dilettante / "Specialization is for insects"

We just got selected for 3 studies with them and are about to begin the process. I will let you know how it goes but I have heard that they are tough to work with.

Quote from Guest on May 18, 2022, 7:40 pm

We just got selected for 3 studies with them and are about to begin the process. I will let you know how it goes but I have heard that they are tough to work with.

They're refusing a bunch of invoicables we normally get. It's pretty shitty. Will be curious to see if you have luck dumping these costs somewhere else.

Hightower Clinical / Note to File Podcast / Existential Dilettante / "Specialization is for insects"
Quote from brad on May 18, 2022, 6:54 pm

Looking for some experiences and feedback in negotiating budgets with BMS. Anyone wanna share some tips/tricks. They don't seem to want to play very nice.

Are they using a CRO? PRA was a favorite of theirs. What items are they pushing back on? 

I have experience with BMS and what you are describing is exactly my experience.  Turned down several studies over budget. 

Quote from Guest on May 18, 2022, 10:06 pm

I have experience with BMS and what you are describing is exactly my experience.  Turned down several studies over budget. 

Good to know. I'll post more info for posterity sake tomorrow so others can maybe learn from my experience.

It's frustrating to quibble over a few thousand dollars with billion dollar companies.

Quote from brad on May 18, 2022, 11:02 pm
Quote from Guest on May 18, 2022, 10:06 pm

Good to know. I'll post more info for posterity sake tomorrow so others can maybe learn from my experience.

It's frustrating to quibble over a few thousand dollars with billion dollar companies.

I guess we know how they became billion dollar companies..... sad. 

They are really tricky in how they presented this budget. No line items, just visit totals which totally obscures what's actually happening at each visit.

They don't want to include even 35% OH.

Still won't pay monitor fees and have this to say about it 

"BMS does not compensate clinical investigative sites/institutions conducting clinical research in the United States for fees or expenses associated with site monitoring activities, Sponsor audits, or regulatory inspections. As required by FDA and Global Regulatory Agencies, site monitoring and sponsor audits are part of the Sponsor’s obligations, and regulatory inspections are part of the site’s obligations to ensure quality clinical trial data and the protection, welfare and safety of patients.  Further, it is the clinical trial investigative site’s responsibility to reasonably accommodate the Sponsor monitor/designee to ensure that BMS is able to comply and adhere to the standards of GCP/ICH, as accepted by the FDA and by BMS."

They have this to say about paying for remote visits:

"Remote monitoring is designed to be less labor intensive than traditional on site monitoring. The costs to monitor are already included in the per patient cost.  Therefore, it would be a compliance risk to pay for Remote monitoring or EMR access fees as additional work performed when it is in fact less time consuming than traditional monitoring."

When we asked to be paid for all of the work we do on a screen fail vs a screen fail percentage they say:

"For clarity, BMS cannot cover 100% of screen failures for this study per the study parameters."

We just finished a budget with BMS and they were awful to work with. The CRO was a good buffer, but we nearly pulled out of the study all together. No tips or tricks, just identifiable misery!

Quote from Guest on May 19, 2022, 7:19 pm

We just finished a budget with BMS and they were awful to work with. The CRO was a good buffer, but we nearly pulled out of the study all together. No tips or tricks, just identifiable misery!

Haha good to know. Guess we just have to brute force our way through as best we can.

Page 1 of 2Next