Welcome to Clinical Trial Confidential.

We believe the clinical trial industry lacks a platform for open, transparent conversation. This lack of transparency inhibits progress. In this industry, that means patients are the ones that suffer.

Here you can choose to register an account, post anonymously or both. It is our hope that the ability to post anonymously will help foster useful conversation by allowing users to express their opinions without fear of retaliation, fear of appearing ignorant and otherwise allowing users to express opinions that may be contrary to their employer or that their position may not permit.

We believe great ideas should stand on their own merit and not the credentials of their author.

We hope these values will foster an environment of collaboration.

Care Access Compendium

Page 1 of 7Next

I'm hoping people will consider posting their experiences here anonymously. I've had a lot of people reach out but I'm hesitant to even post redacted screenshots as I don't want to out anyone. Ultimately, it seems to me that this whole debacle could have been avoided and many people attempted to call attention to the issues that existed at Care Access. Obviously, I don't have all the answers or details in regards to this Pfizer issue but a picture is slowly emerging of, at best, negligence and, at worst, outright fraud.

Over the coming days I will be sharing some feedback from those who have reached out in a way that protects their anonymity.

But let's be honest. This sort of thing impacts us all and we should not stand for it.

Hightower Clinical / Note to File Podcast / Existential Dilettante / "Specialization is for insects"

This is from Reddit so maybe not the most reliable but interesting nonetheless.

Uploaded files:
  • sketch-1676737896272.png
Hightower Clinical / Note to File Podcast / Existential Dilettante / "Specialization is for insects"

This is Dan Sfera. In the last 24 hours since this story broke I have been approached by dozens of Care Access employees current and former. First of all, these are all hard working professionals with all sorts of backgrounds md, phd, pharmd, ma, cna, crc and more. The stories all point to basically the same thing: hyperrapid unsustainable growth over quality and training and development of infrastructure to support such ambitious endeavors. A few reports hint at questionable practices ie taking lab samples to hotels, icf issues, and ip chaos. Others report to have had payments delayed while others are questioning their hippocratic oaths they took as clinicians. Upper management are consistently being pointed to as being aware of these issues but not doing anything about them. The story is still unraveling but it is important to remain factual while also protecting the identities of those who care enough to reach out with their concerns. 

Just more for posterity.

Uploaded files:
  • sketch-1676737490090.png
  • Screenshot_20230218-133307.png

Document document document

Uploaded files:
  • Screenshot_20230218-1527242.png

Including the official CA response for good measure. 

Uploaded files:
  • Screenshot_20230218-180847.png

Multiple people telling me there's a history of whistle blowers being fired when they've voiced valid concerns. Many are simply too fearful to say anything more publicly. I hope that changes if these things are true.

Looks like the participants will lose the opportunity to continue participation in the trial.

Uploaded files:
  • Screenshot_20230218-195450.png
Quote from brad on February 19, 2023, 12:10 am

Including the official CA response for good measure. 

No mention of employees in this statement is telling 

Interesting but little unclear here as to how GCP protocols were violated so far. Taking lab samples to a hotel room in a mobile environment is…not ok? Is ok? In a decentralized environment things are presumably going to operate a little differently. 
the issues around getting paid - employees not getting paid? Hipocratic oath? - important things in general but what do they specifically have to do with GCP with respect to how participants in a trial are managed? 
Pfizer needs to shed some light here on what exactly went wrong. Otherwise trial participants are basically being left in the dark. Gut says this has little to do with GCP - but it will be used as a scapegoat (sure, don’t take samples to hotel rooms if that really happened) - and has more to do with pure business and $$$. 

Page 1 of 7Next