Welcome to Clinical Trial Confidential.

We believe the clinical trial industry lacks a platform for open, transparent conversation. This lack of transparency inhibits progress. In this industry, that means patients are the ones that suffer.

Here you can choose to register an account, post anonymously or both. It is our hope that the ability to post anonymously will help foster useful conversation by allowing users to express their opinions without fear of retaliation, fear of appearing ignorant and otherwise allowing users to express opinions that may be contrary to their employer or that their position may not permit.

We believe great ideas should stand on their own merit and not the credentials of their author.

We hope these values will foster an environment of collaboration.

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumTopics: The Waiting RoomCRA horror stories

CRA horror stories

PreviousPage 2 of 2

We had a cra from a cro not respond to any emails for two months.  After a couple weeks, we started adding our sponsor contact to everything. The sponsor contact wound up responding to all the emails. Towards the end of the second month, we figured we didn't have a cra from the cro any more. We even asked if they were going to give us someone new. Eventually, she started responding again. They wound up moving her and giving us someone new. 

So not fully the CRA's fault, but the idiots who built our department decided to put the thermostat that controls my office's environment in the CRA's monitoring room.  Whenever we had a monitor visit, my room was either a hell hole or a polar ice cap.....

In comes the CRA from hell.....always came in for a monitoring visit, shut/locked the door, cranked down the thermostat, and proceeded to do nothing but talk on the phone in spanish with who knows who.....

I always knew when this CRA came into the department for visit when my lips turned blue and the door was shut.

Then there was perfume CRA... the one who literally wore so much perfume to cover up the smoke smell that our entire department had to be fumigated post-visit for about three days. Our asthmatic coordinators had to take sick days.....

I know CRAs are in short supply.... but where the heck do they find these people?

And..... I bet they are paid far more than our research staff to do shitty jobs.

Quote from Guest on May 14, 2022, 12:09 am

So not fully the CRA's fault, but the idiots who built our department decided to put the thermostat that controls my office's environment in the CRA's monitoring room.  Whenever we had a monitor visit, my room was either a hell hole or a polar ice cap.....

In comes the CRA from hell.....always came in for a monitoring visit, shut/locked the door, cranked down the thermostat, and proceeded to do nothing but talk on the phone in spanish with who knows who.....

I always knew when this CRA came into the department for visit when my lips turned blue and the door was shut.

Then there was perfume CRA... the one who literally wore so much perfume to cover up the smoke smell that our entire department had to be fumigated post-visit for about three days. Our asthmatic coordinators had to take sick days.....

I know CRAs are in short supply.... but where the heck do they find these people?

And..... I bet they are paid far more than our research staff to do shitty jobs.

Ha. Perfume CRA cracks me up. We had one who insisted on being barefoot in our office at all times and it creeped me out.

Hightower Clinical / Note to File Podcast / Existential Dilettante / "Specialization is for insects"

Put a locking Thermostat cover on the thermostat.  Charge them $$$ to change it.  Just for fun. 

Quote from FDL on June 30, 2022, 11:02 pm

Put a locking Thermostat cover on the thermostat.  Charge them $$$ to change it.  Just for fun. 

Need to start writing that in to the budget 

Hightower Clinical / Note to File Podcast / Existential Dilettante / "Specialization is for insects"
PreviousPage 2 of 2