Welcome to Clinical Trial Confidential.

We believe the clinical trial industry lacks a platform for open, transparent conversation. This lack of transparency inhibits progress. In this industry, that means patients are the ones that suffer.

Here you can choose to register an account, post anonymously or both. It is our hope that the ability to post anonymously will help foster useful conversation by allowing users to express their opinions without fear of retaliation, fear of appearing ignorant and otherwise allowing users to express opinions that may be contrary to their employer or that their position may not permit.

We believe great ideas should stand on their own merit and not the credentials of their author.

We hope these values will foster an environment of collaboration.

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumTopics: Vendors/Service ProvidersCTMS System

CTMS System

Page 1 of 2Next

What's your favorite CTMS and why?

Quote from OutdatedECG on May 3, 2022, 3:12 pm

What's your favorite CTMS and why?

I've tried CRIO and RealTime.

I prefer CRIOs UI but I think RealTime is better thought out in terms of usefulness for the sites. It just has a much uglier interface and can be tough to find where to change settings.

Ultimately RT works much better for us and their customer service is off the charts.

Hightower Clinical / Note to File Podcast / Existential Dilettante / "Specialization is for insects"
Quote from brad on May 3, 2022, 3:34 pm

Ultimately RT works much better for us and their customer service is off the charts.

I've heard good things about RT, and from their website it looks like they offer great functionalities.

Do they price by users? I've noticed these software companies seem to be very hush hush about pricing until they can properly get you a demo and hard sell you their product.

We are still a small company... did you start on paper? And if you did, when did you know it was time to switch to eSource/reg/etc?

They price by amount of studies rather than user so you can kind of grow in to it. It's not terribly priced depending on what all features you want to use.

We started on paper and mostly still use paper source honestly.

We use CRIO for our eSource, and stipend payments. It was a bit of a learning curve but we are 100% paperless, with an occasional exception of the original ICF when required by the sponsor.
I prefer to configure the eSource myself, and not have  CRIO provide the service. It saves money, but more importantly, it is a better designed source when created by someone directly involved with the study.
I wish I could change things about the system but for the price,  it's really a pretty good system compared to other options. And when designing your own source, you learn a lot about the system that you wouldn't learn otherwise. I would not contract with a vendor that wouldn't allow me to be able to configure the source myself.
CRIO works for us and I absolutely love not having paper charts.

Jeanette may I ask what the approximate cost is? I am seeing wide ranges, some are per-month at $2000-$5000/mo per study, some are $5000/study and one was $39k per study! When you researched did you see anything like this?

Quote from Guest on May 7, 2022, 5:00 pm

Jeanette may I ask what the approximate cost is? I am seeing wide ranges, some are per-month at $2000-$5000/mo per study, some are $5000/study and one was $39k per study! When you researched did you see anything like this?

!! Hard pass on those costs. I would never. Our license fee with CRIO is 4000 annually or 400 per month (regardless of how many studies).  We were one of the "kick-starter" sites, so I believe they are a bit higher now, but not by much. Additional fees: Archiving fee: 500/study - paid at start-up. Stipend cards: 3 dollars per card, 1 dollar per transaction. Of course, we work these fees into our study budgets.  

We do not use CRIO for  eRegulatory because Veeva Vault is absolutely efficient and 100% free to sites. 

We also don't pay for additional services offered by CRIO like the eSource configuration, because as mentioned earlier, I think the study is ran better when this is configured by the team on the frontline. 

I'm willing to bet someone will anonymously post some pricing info later this week. 😉

It's extremely lame these companies aren't transparent on their websites.

Hightower Clinical / Note to File Podcast / Existential Dilettante / "Specialization is for insects"
Quote from Jeanette on May 8, 2022, 2:56 am

!! Hard pass on those costs. I would never. Our license fee with CRIO is 4000 annually or 400 per month (regardless of how many studies).  We were one of the "kick-starter" sites, so I believe they are a bit higher now, but not by much. Additional fees: Archiving fee: 500/study - paid at start-up. Stipend cards: 3 dollars per card, 1 dollar per transaction. Of course, we work these fees into our study budgets.  

We do not use CRIO for  eRegulatory because Veeva Vault is absolutely efficient and 100% free to sites. 

We also don't pay for additional services offered by CRIO like the eSource configuration, because as mentioned earlier, I think the study is ran better when this is configured by the team on the frontline. 

How does the stipend card work if the sponsor uses a vendor like Greenphire? Do you just tell them you have a system and make them reimburse you?

Quote from Guest on May 9, 2022, 2:23 pm
Quote from Jeanette on May 8, 2022, 2:56 am

How does the stipend card work if the sponsor uses a vendor like Greenphire? Do you just tell them you have a system and make them reimburse you?

We tend to opt out of the third party vendor cards. Yeah, we just add that stipend amount to the budget and issue our own cards.

Page 1 of 2Next