Welcome to Clinical Trial Confidential.

We believe the clinical trial industry lacks a platform for open, transparent conversation. This lack of transparency inhibits progress. In this industry, that means patients are the ones that suffer.

Here you can choose to register an account, post anonymously or both. It is our hope that the ability to post anonymously will help foster useful conversation by allowing users to express their opinions without fear of retaliation, fear of appearing ignorant and otherwise allowing users to express opinions that may be contrary to their employer or that their position may not permit.

We believe great ideas should stand on their own merit and not the credentials of their author.

We hope these values will foster an environment of collaboration.

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumTopics: Budgets/ContractsMonitor visit fees

Monitor visit fees

Page 1 of 3Next

Curious to hear how others attack this as an invoiceable. Most sponsors seem pretty open to it nowadays but BMS literally told us if we wanted a monitor fee we "wouldn't be a good fit" as a site and no one else had asked for one, which I find unbelievable.

What's everyone else's experience?

-bh

Hightower Clinical / Note to File Podcast / Existential Dilettante / "Specialization is for insects"

BMS refuses to pay monitoring fees but you can get them for more OH to comp. Also watch out for BMS if your running satellite sites they get grumpy.

For non BMS, sponsors are generally ok with monitoring visits. Be sure to specify on site and remote (Try to get the same rate), and tell the sponsor these are study specific and required per federal regulations.

Quote from Guest on May 3, 2022, 1:48 am

BMS refuses to pay monitoring fees but you can get them for more OH to comp. Also watch out for BMS if your running satellite sites they get grumpy.

For non BMS, sponsors are generally ok with monitoring visits. Be sure to specify on site and remote (Try to get the same rate), and tell the sponsor these are study specific and required per federal regulations.

This is actually great to know. I was super put-off by their flat refusal to even consider it and trying to bully us from even asking. I appreciate the insight.

Hightower Clinical / Note to File Podcast / Existential Dilettante / "Specialization is for insects"

What are the Monitoring fees you are/were asking for? Am I missing out on extras 💰?

Quote from Guest on May 3, 2022, 6:07 pm

What are the Monitoring fees you are/were asking for? Am I missing out on extras 💰?

We usually start out asking for ~$5oo/monitor visit. We dedicate a whole day from a coordinator who could be recruiting patients and we try to ensure ample PI time as well. It's a mix of who accepts and who lowers it but it's getting to be more accepted. We sometimes request remote visit fees separately as we often spend a day scanning documents or sitting on a Zoom call to address any issues. Time is money.

350 to 500 per day is usually where the negotiations land. This may have to go up with current inflation.

Can't speak to BMS specifically, but I always require monitor fees, monitor change fees, and remote monitoring fees. If sponsor's refuse a specific fee, I add the estimated cost into a monthly regulatory maintenance fee. Using a set fee list across all studies also helps, it turns the conversation less into what the sponsor will pay, and more into how site payment for effort is not negotiable and we receive these payments across studies regardless of what a sponsor's compliance department says. Call it FML for sponsors.

We are an independent privately owned clinical research site in southern California. We are aiming for sponsor agreement - daily Monitoring Fee We share our "Summary of Requested Pass Through (Invoiced) Expenses" early on in the budgeting process. A daily fee of $520 applies - no matter if remotely or on site. The amount of $$ you should  ask for might be different depending of your living costs in general in your area.

We ask for remote monitoring and on site monitoring fee, not the same amount, as well as a standard fee for eReg + eSource remote access.

It's really encouraging to see sites being aggressive and straightforward asking for these fees. Some sponsors really like to act like we're crazy sometimes so it's validating to see.

Page 1 of 3Next