Welcome to Clinical Trial Confidential.

We believe the clinical trial industry lacks a platform for open, transparent conversation. This lack of transparency inhibits progress. In this industry, that means patients are the ones that suffer.

Here you can choose to register an account, post anonymously or both. It is our hope that the ability to post anonymously will help foster useful conversation by allowing users to express their opinions without fear of retaliation, fear of appearing ignorant and otherwise allowing users to express opinions that may be contrary to their employer or that their position may not permit.

We believe great ideas should stand on their own merit and not the credentials of their author.

We hope these values will foster an environment of collaboration.

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumTopics: Sponors/CROsParexel

Parexel

Anyone work with Parexel's start-up team recently?

We were promised a bonus for fast tracking study start-up within a certain time frame, and were only told what we were missing 1 week before the time frame was over.

We were able to get everything done, but we were unable to go through to activation within the time frame because of issues on Parexel's side, yet we still didn't see the bonus.

They just seem very unorganized and disjointed, and this is our first study with them. Should we expect this throughout the study?

I have been working with PXL for the last 20 months on a very important and it’s been challenging. I agree they are having resourcing issues and I have full oversight on the study otherwise PXL team seems to wait for the sponsor to follow up for every pending item. There are few delays here and there. I don’t know whether to blame the folks or the pandemic - I feel everyone are struggling with their motivation to work.

I haven't seen as much work coming from Parexel lately but certainly could just be us.

The speed incentives almost never work out because the sponsor/CRO is almost always the bottleneck. I've frankly slowed down on our startup because it doesn't help us to run, run, run only to be left waiting for weeks at a time.

Hightower Clinical / Note to File Podcast / Existential Dilettante / "Specialization is for insects"

Parcel is the second worst CRO out there. They are so disconnected at startup that any thought of fast tracking gets gobbled up by their broken systems. If you were promised a bonus, document the FE contract and the dates of your activities to show where the holdups were. The sponsor should legally honor the contract if both parties signed.

Quote from Guest on May 3, 2022, 7:35 pm

Parcel is the second worst CRO out there....

Who is the worst?

Hightower Clinical / Note to File Podcast / Existential Dilettante / "Specialization is for insects"

Having worked in Parexel for around 5 years (2010 t0 2015), I understood one thing, Parexel was reliable in handling the complex studies more than the non-complex studies due to their strong operations, processes and eClinical systems. But same is not true with non-complex studies as they have to go through the same complex processes of Parexel which I believe are reasons for delayed in study start up and other activities. To many people are involved due to their complex processes, this not only drains their own resources but also complicate their processes for sponsors or sites which can be minimalized for non-complex studies. Believe me I haven't experienced such complex studies handled efficiently in other CROs I worked since then.

Quote from brad on May 4, 2022, 1:54 am

Parcel is the second worst CRO out there....

Who is the worst?

I call them Predatory Pharmaceutical Development for so many reasons .... now a part of Thermo Fisher.....

Parcel is the second worst CRO out there. They are so disconnected at startup that any thought of fast tracking gets gobbled up by their broken systems. If you were promised a bonus, document the FE contract and the dates of your activities to show where the holdups were. The sponsor should legally honor the contract if both parties signed.

Good to know I'm not the only one who thinks so. And thanks for the advice, we will look into that!

Quote from OutdatedECG on May 3, 2022, 4:35 pm

Anyone work with Parexel's start-up team recently?

We were promised a bonus for fast tracking study start-up within a certain time frame, and were only told what we were missing 1 week before the time frame was over.

We were able to get everything done, but we were unable to go through to activation within the time frame because of issues on Parexel's side, yet we still didn't see the bonus.

They just seem very unorganized and disjointed, and this is our first study with them. Should we expect this throughout the study?

What was that "certain time frame"?