Welcome to Clinical Trial Confidential.

We believe the clinical trial industry lacks a platform for open, transparent conversation. This lack of transparency inhibits progress. In this industry, that means patients are the ones that suffer.

Here you can choose to register an account, post anonymously or both. It is our hope that the ability to post anonymously will help foster useful conversation by allowing users to express their opinions without fear of retaliation, fear of appearing ignorant and otherwise allowing users to express opinions that may be contrary to their employer or that their position may not permit.

We believe great ideas should stand on their own merit and not the credentials of their author.

We hope these values will foster an environment of collaboration.

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumTopics: Budgets/ContractsStart-up Fees

Start-up Fees

What activities do you include as a part of your start-up fee and what are other sites typically getting for their start-up fee?

I'll try to upload our list later.

Just FYI, you can upload files here if people want to share documents.

Hightower Clinical / Note to File Podcast / Existential Dilettante / "Specialization is for insects"

Brad…that would be so helpful…thank you for the transparency…

Posted this in the other thread but here is a rough, working model of what we try to get covered up front as well as some other items.

Study Start Up $15,000
SAE’s $250
Pharmacy Set Up $2500
Pharmacy Storage $1500
Pharmacy Close Out $2500
Lab Set Up $2000
Lab Storage $1500
Lab Close Out $2000
IRB Amendment $500
IRB Annual Review $1000
Reconsent $225
Monitor Visit On Site $500 per day
Monitor Visit Remote $500
Advertising $5000
Study Close Out $3000
Document Storage On Site $1500
Document Storage Long Term $2500

Hightower Clinical / Note to File Podcast / Existential Dilettante / "Specialization is for insects"

This is amazing.  Our start up fee currently is $ 7,500 and is a tough sell sometimes.  Any advice how we can increase it to 15k? How do you close the deal?

Quote from Guest on June 4, 2022, 3:24 am

This is amazing.  Our start up fee currently is $ 7,500 and is a tough sell sometimes.  Any advice how we can increase it to 15k? How do you close the deal

Don't be ashamed to use inflation and covid cards. Also itemize the heck out of it. By the time you factor all legal fees, training, prep, filings, even pre study things like feasibility, negotiating, etc, 15k is a deal. Don't allow any of your efforts during startup to go unnoticed or unfunded. 

Quote from Guest on June 5, 2022, 1:54 am
Quote from Guest on June 4, 2022, 3:24 am

This is amazing.  Our start up fee currently is $ 7,500 and is a tough sell sometimes.  Any advice how we can increase it to 15k? How do you close the deal

Don't be ashamed to use inflation and covid cards. Also itemize the heck out of it. By the time you factor all legal fees, training, prep, filings, even pre study things like feasibility, negotiating, etc, 15k is a deal. Don't allow any of your efforts during startup to go unnoticed or unfunded. 

Yeah, itemize like crazy and account for every possible thing you can think of because otherwise you're just doing free work. I'll look when I'm back in office and can share a more specific list if that helps.

That would be greatly appreciated!  I cannot begin to thank you enough for creating a platform like this, it has been SO helpful!

What kind of form do you itemize this on? Is it it a Justification Letter?  

I have a sponsor that is asking for justification for startup fees. I have more than enough for the general startup but am struggling to come up with enough items under the pharmacy startup. Does someone have an itemized list of what they include under the pharmacy start up fees?