Welcome to Clinical Trial Confidential.

We believe the clinical trial industry lacks a platform for open, transparent conversation. This lack of transparency inhibits progress. In this industry, that means patients are the ones that suffer.

Here you can choose to register an account, post anonymously or both. It is our hope that the ability to post anonymously will help foster useful conversation by allowing users to express their opinions without fear of retaliation, fear of appearing ignorant and otherwise allowing users to express opinions that may be contrary to their employer or that their position may not permit.

We believe great ideas should stand on their own merit and not the credentials of their author.

We hope these values will foster an environment of collaboration.

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumTopics: Vendors/Service ProvidersCurebase

Curebase

Page 1 of 3Next

Most recent glassdoor post re: Curebase is shocking. Took a look at their linkedin and many of their employees are looking for work. Anybody have any insight into what happened? If the post is true, that is quite a development 

"The Founder/CEO is a sorry excuse for a human being and a total uninspiring wet rag of a leader. I have never seen a "leader" made such radical decisions about a company then his awkward loser self cowers in fear and hides somewhere, while is only competent employees and leadership deal with the fallout of his stupid decisions. Last week he made a decision to let go of 75% of his remaining company(all of HR, Legal, Commercial, Operations, Product, and all US based Engineers) leaving only himself and some cheap foreign contract engineers. He decided he wanted to take a somewhat successful business and destroy it, by being a purist and taking it back to the drawing board recreate it as a self-service software company that will emerge from stealth mode in a year. Good luck with that! He is lying to investors right now saying it will be ready in 3 months and that he has multiple pharma customers pre-signed up for it. In actuality, he has his leaders going to their only remaining current customers and notifying them they will cancel all their contracts with little notice, which has resulted in very angry customers and threats of lawsuits. He is cutting the severance after every round of layoffs (4 so far in less than a year) and refuses to negotiate it or take accountability. Most employees are being given last days and told to hang on for another month with only verbal promises of severance, but the CEO has actually said in private not to give anything to them at the end. Talk about a vile human being. There was supposedly an attempt to remove him by his own leadership and some investors 4 months ago that failed. I would suggest they try it again now, but the damage he has caused is likely too permanent to save this company from ceasing to exist altogether."

Don't quote me on this but I'm under the impression they are basically shutting down any actual clinical operations and just focusing on the platform. Again, that's sort of third hand info. I don't know shit.

Sucks to see constant layoffs in the LinkedIn feed either way though. 

Hightower Clinical / Note to File Podcast / Existential Dilettante / "Specialization is for insects"

They recently hired a commercial team and laid them all off, in some cases within days of starting.

Strange choice, from what we have seen their software was not great. The site operations was what made them compelling, the software had issues and in many places and just wasn't up to our standards (also compliance questions). 🤷‍♀️

it is the most powerful software in the industry

Quote from Guest on August 3, 2023, 8:44 pm

🤣 What does that even mean?

Hightower Clinical / Note to File Podcast / Existential Dilettante / "Specialization is for insects"

Curebase has consistently always lied about it’s capabilities and is questionable when it comes to compliance to industry standards. There are no fallacies in this Glassdoor review, despite what the COO is trying to say. Honestly, all of the negative reviews are true. The best thing they can do in this situation is have accountability and not victim blame their past and present employees. But, of course, the latter is what they’ll do because… well… it’s Curebase. 

Would like to hear more. you'd be the first person i've talked to (and I've seen a lot of platforms) that has said this

Quote from Guest on August 3, 2023, 8:55 pm

Would like to hear more. you'd be the first person i've talked to (and I've seen a lot of platforms) that has said this

I've seen many platforms as well, most of them are inflexible relics. 

Quote from Guest on August 3, 2023, 9:49 pm
Quote from Guest on August 3, 2023, 8:55 pm

I've seen many platforms as well, most of them are inflexible relics. 

Interesting - if you are the same commenter as the one who claimed it is the "most powerful software" - then this doesn't really tell me much about what makes it so. are you perhaps COO?

I have seen solutions that say they are "flexible" and that usually translates to either 1) We have APIs to other established platforms or 2) we can promise to build that capability in an undefined pipeline

Page 1 of 3Next