Welcome to Clinical Trial Confidential.

We believe the clinical trial industry lacks a platform for open, transparent conversation. This lack of transparency inhibits progress. In this industry, that means patients are the ones that suffer.

Here you can choose to register an account, post anonymously or both. It is our hope that the ability to post anonymously will help foster useful conversation by allowing users to express their opinions without fear of retaliation, fear of appearing ignorant and otherwise allowing users to express opinions that may be contrary to their employer or that their position may not permit.

We believe great ideas should stand on their own merit and not the credentials of their author.

We hope these values will foster an environment of collaboration.

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumTopics: Vendors/Service ProvidersCurebase

Curebase

For whatever it's worth, their CEO put out a statement on LinkedIn:

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/tom-lemberg-3270a426_dear-clinical-research-community-i-wanted-activity-7093002183499018240-xWmu?utm_source=share&utm_medium=member_android

Hightower Clinical / Note to File Podcast / Existential Dilettante / "Specialization is for insects"

This is Dan sfera. I never heard of this company until now. Im just here for the comments. 

Shutting down Clinical Operations, this is the same thing that SparkNeuro is doing.  They are going to find data elsewhere to provide FDA. SMH

Is he the next Elizabeth Homes?!

Quote from Guest on August 3, 2023, 8:22 pm

Strange choice, from what we have seen their software was not great. The site operations was what made them compelling, the software had issues and in many places and just wasn't up to our standards (also compliance questions). 🤷‍♀️

They do not have enough people in leadership positions with the requisite clinical trial experience to be trusted. From my experience they were too cavalier with their compliance and documentation. 

Quote from Guest on August 4, 2023, 7:44 pm

Strange choice, from what we have seen their software was not great. The site operations was what made them compelling, the software had issues and in many places and just wasn't up to our standards (also compliance questions). 🤷‍♀️

They do not have enough people in leadership positions with the requisite clinical trial experience to be trusted. From my experience they were too cavalier with their compliance and documentation. 

i keep reading mentions of their lack of compliance. what does that mean exactly? it's not 21 cfr 11? something else specifically?

Hightower Clinical / Note to File Podcast / Existential Dilettante / "Specialization is for insects"
Quote from brad on August 4, 2023, 7:47 pm
Quote from Guest on August 4, 2023, 7:44 pm

i keep reading mentions of their lack of compliance. what does that mean exactly? it's not 21 cfr 11? something else specifically?

not sure about their compliance, but it did seem like they hired some junior people from other DCT companies like S37 to serve in operations leadership. I'm sure they're capable, but they were maybe too green.

i'm sure we all know how difficult it is to build a platform that's useful to site staff and patients...I feel like Curebase underestimated how hard it is to balance ops and tech. should have really leaned into all the Science37 people they hired...

in talking to people who have seen a first hand demo, the consensus is that the company was still too early and there were better options out there. Now they're joining an even more saturated market. all i can say is...good luck. 

Quote from Guest on August 3, 2023, 10:34 pm
Quote from Guest on August 3, 2023, 9:49 pm
Quote from Guest on August 3, 2023, 8:55 pm
Quote from Guest on August 3, 2023, 8:44 pm

it is the most powerful software in the industry

Would like to hear more. you'd be the first person i've talked to (and I've seen a lot of platforms) that has said this

I've seen many platforms as well, most of them are inflexible relics. 

Interesting - if you are the same commenter as the one who claimed it is the "most powerful software" - then this doesn't really tell me much about what makes it so. are you perhaps COO?

I have seen solutions that say they are "flexible" and that usually translates to either 1) We have APIs to other established platforms or 2) we can promise to build that capability in an undefined pipeline

Nope, that wasn't me- I'm the COO. No "Guest" comments from me. I'm not even sure what "most powerful software" means in this space.

Quote from storm on August 10, 2023, 1:25 pm
Quote from Guest on August 3, 2023, 10:34 pm
Quote from Guest on August 3, 2023, 9:49 pm
Quote from Guest on August 3, 2023, 8:55 pm
Quote from Guest on August 3, 2023, 8:44 pm

it is the most powerful software in the industry

Would like to hear more. you'd be the first person i've talked to (and I've seen a lot of platforms) that has said this

I've seen many platforms as well, most of them are inflexible relics. 

Interesting - if you are the same commenter as the one who claimed it is the "most powerful software" - then this doesn't really tell me much about what makes it so. are you perhaps COO?

I have seen solutions that say they are "flexible" and that usually translates to either 1) We have APIs to other established platforms or 2) we can promise to build that capability in an undefined pipeline

Nope, that wasn't me- I'm the COO. No "Guest" comments from me. I'm not even sure what "most powerful software" means in this space.

welcome to the party, i guess. if you ever wanna talk shop you have an open invitation to the weekly livestream. just get at me.

Curebase COO deleting his comments on this Reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/clinicalresearch/comments/15hlz7b/cvs_and_curebase_lay_offs/

But another comment links to screenshots of his deleted comments. This man is disturbingly out of touch. 

Bottom line, the CEO and COO rushed everything to make a dollar, and did not pay attention to things they most definitely should have over a stretch of time.